Introduction to our Blog Site.

We decided to create a blog of our garden this year. We both enjoy gardening and love to share our excitement with family and friends. We also thought it would be a good idea for us to keep a log when we started things in order for us to track what worked and what we need to improve upon next year because we all know there definitely will be a next year.

Todd has not decided if we are going to expand the vegetable garden. This is his baby but we both work on it. Yes, he does most of the planning and caring during the day while I am at work but I try to help with some of the planting, weeding, and harvesting. He also keeps is eyes out on our pest in the garden. I definitely help with the canning and freezing. This year our goal is to stay on top of our harvest and not waste as much as we did last year. I am in hopes that we can get a new canning pressure to jar some of our vegetables instead of freezing all of them.

I have plans for all 4 of the sides of the shed. Last Spring I worked mainly on the front side of the shed, this year I will put Todd's hopes into action and have each side with a flower bed of some sort. We will also make a new flower bed with an arbor and hopefully begin our butterfly and hummingbird garden. I do most of the planning with the flowers and the boys do assist me with the weeding.


.

Comments