- 1 1/2 lb tomatillos (about 19)
- 1/2 cup chopped white onion
- 1/2 cup cilantro leaves
- 1 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar *EDIT* try 1/2 of the 1/4 teaspoon of sugar and add remaining if needed.
- 2 hot peppers stemmed, seeded and chopped
- Salt to taste
1. Remove papery husks from tomatillos and rinse well.
2. Roast tomatillos: cut tomatillos in half and place cut side down on a foil-lined baking sheet. Place under a broiler for about 5-7 minutes to lightly blacken the skin.
3. Place tomatillos, lime juice, onions, cilantro, chili peppers, sugar in a food processor and pulse until all ingredients are finely chopped and mixed. Season to taste with salt.
4. Cool in refrigerator.
*EDIT* We found this recipe on the Internet and it was very sweet so we adapted the recipe by cutting the sugar in half. It was much better this way.