Butterfly/Hummingbird Garden 2016

My Butterfly/Hummingbird Garden is thriving this year.  I believe I am done with planting in this garden.  I love the look.  All I need to do is add the Hummingbird feeders and it is completely done for the season. 
 Above:  Every flower in this garden attracts butterflies and/or hummingbirds except for one,
the Clematis.  I was not sure the honeysuckle was going to take so we planted a Clemetis just in case.
They both are thriving.  The front of my little garden the flowers bloom Mid Spring and have little yellow or white flowers.  Next to my little bird bath to the right is one of my Purple Cone Flowers about to begin to bloom.  I added a Columbine plant near the back which should bloom hopefully.  I am in hopes it survived the planting.  I also added an additional Trellis for the vine flowers to reach out.  It is our Willow Trellis Todd and I made one year.
 Above: HoneySuckle blooming
Below: Two different types of Silva Plants





I am so happy with the completed garden.  It is attracting butterflies already.  I am in hopes to plant a Lilac Tree near the garden to add more attractions for the butterflies.  I have not seen any hummingbirds yet but that may change after the feeders are placed outdoors and they notice the Honeysuckle plant.

      



Remember this is what it looked like when I first began the garden.  It has come a long way.




Comments