June ~ How Does the Back Yard Grow?

June has been a very challenging month for Todd to get into the garden and weed.  His new hours this Summer and my new hours are making our gardening very hard.  Here are some pictures of the garden in our backyard.
 Cages in the center are around pepper plants, to the left
different types of lettuce, to the right a tomato plant
and back near the fence the pole beans are growing.

The back yard garden houses only a few tomato plants:
Cherry, Grape, and Beef Steak.
 Seed tape has worked nicely last year for the radish and carrots.
Todd tried it with the peas to have a nice straight row,
but the peas were hit or miss.  I do not think he is going to use this
method next year since it was not as successful.
 Different types of lettuce in the center of the picture and
the upper left corner a picture of one of the broccoli plants.
 Cabbage,cauliflower, and broccoli
My butterfly/humming bird garden is not doing well because of the rabbits.  I am going to end up having to put up a fence.  They ate the tops of my cone flowers, so no cone flowers this year. They have eaten my new seedlings I planted and both the Clematis and Moon flowers I planted.  I wanted something to climb on the trellis.  This garden will take a little more work and rabbit proofing.

My first Asiatic Lily is blooming.  I am thrilled.  I was able to rabbit proof my lily garden and I just might be able to see some oriental lilies I planted nearly six years ago for the first time.  I am seeing buds on them.
I still need to venture out to our community garden plot.

Until Next Time...

Comments